Our Venue Hire pages are undergoing a facelift – check back soon for our new look venue hire website!
Southwark Cathedral has been a centre for hospitality and welcome since it’s origins as a priory in 1106.
With eight versatile spaces to hire and two spacious outdoor areas, the Cathedral offers a unique opportunity to hold events from intimate to spectacular from 6 to 800 guests.
Our historic spaces can host a variety of events, from dinners and receptions, summer parties, product launches, musical performances, meetings, conferences and much more.
Want to know more?
Keep in touch by following us on Instagram @southwarkcathedralvenues where we share our latest news and competitions.
Our in-house caterer LEAFI offer a variety of mouthwatering options to suit every budget.
Holding a safe event at Southwark Cathedral
We want our clients to be confident that they and their guests will be safe whilst attending an event with us. In our on-going effort to assist in preventing the spread of COVID-19, we have implemented the following enhanced protocols and procedures to ensure a safe and happy event at Southwark Cathedral:
- Room capacities have been adjusted and will be laid out in accordance with government physical distancing guidance
- A new route around the venue specifically for event attendees including event specific toilet facilities and catering space
- New signage specifying physical distancing and sanitation procedures
- High touch points will be sterilised multiple times throughout the day, including hand rails, door handles and lift panels
- Toilet facilities will be cleaned and replenished multiple times throughout the day
- Tables, chairs, telephones, AV and any other furniture will be sterilised before and after each event
- Staff will wear gloves and face coverings
- Event attendees will be asked to wear face coverings
- Hand sanitiser readily available throughout the venue spaces
- We will ask event organisers to record attendance and keep a list of all attendees with contact details for at least 21 days after the event
- Declaration of health to be signed and completed by each event attendee on the day of the event
- We will work with event organisers to avoid congestion by staggering start and finish times as well as breaks
We’ve also adjusted our contracts to give greater flexibility around cancellation and postponement in these uncertain times.
What can event organisers and their guests do to help?
- If anyone attending the event feels unwell on the day, stay at home
- Wash hands often using soap or water for 20 seconds or use hand sanitiser
- Wear a face covering
- Stay at least 2m away from others and follow the one way route
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow, not in your hand or the air
These measures will be constantly updated to meet requirements. If you have any questions or ideas on how we can further the measures we have put in place, please contact us by email